Pond problems?

The plant forum
charlie

Pond problems?

Post by charlie »

Its our old pond but this year has a new problem, for the first time in over 30 years we are getting large quantities of blanket weed, not added anything to the pond in years nor applied any fertilizer to the bed behind so I am at a bit of a loss as to why, but perhaps more importantly what to do to get rid of it or at least reduce the amount.

At the moment I am pulling out large quantities every other day, do I just keep going and hope I eventually reduce the nutrient levels or is there a quicker and easier method

Image001 by charliepridham, on Flickr
Jungle Jas

Re: Pond problems?

Post by Jungle Jas »

I always used a rake to pull my blanket weed out. If its not nutrients in the water, have you had more sun this year.
charlie

Re: Pond problems?

Post by charlie »

Jungle Jas wrote:I always used a rake to pull my blanket weed out. If its not nutrients in the water, have you had more sun this year.

More sun :lol: (I dont think its been particularly sunny this spring)

Like you I am able to remove it and the water is lovely and clear (which is normal) but after a couple of days its back and I have to do it over again. Anyway thanks for your input (and secretly pleased I am not the only one having problems!)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic